Explore a Career Driving with Mississippi Lime
As one of the largest lime (calcium) producers in the U.S., Mississippi Lime Company (MLC) is dedicated to getting our products to our customers reliably, safely, and on time. Our trucking division is an essential part of our business, connecting our operations to customers and sites all over the country.
As a responsible employer, MLC is focused on providing everyone on our teams with excellent compensation and benefits, rewarding work, and opportunities for growth. Our driver positions include openings with flexible scheduling and routes that ensure our drivers are home every day.
We continue to add open positions for all our sites in the U.S., including Missouri, Mississippi, and Kentucky.
Learn More about Driving for Mississippi Lime and MLDS
Click each item below to expand the section and learn more.
- Inspect assigned equipment for DOT violations and unsafe issues; correct all deficiencies before operating and proceeding with loading.
- Safely load product into trailer to legal weights. Properly seal trailer if required.
- Remove spillage or unsecured materials before taking to highway.
- Deliver product to customer being mindful not to make mess or leave unwanted items or product at customer site.
- Interact with customer to ensure material was delivered in a satisfactory manner.
- Address customer questions or connect customer with appropriate company representative.
- Safely operate tractor and trailer up to 70 hours per week in compliance with Federal Motor Carriers Administration standards.
- Understand and observe all company safety rules and DOT requirements.
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as prescribed by the company and comply with manufacturers guidelines.
- General knowledge and application of company safety rules with an emphasis on proper use of safety harness and tie-off procedures. The ability to understand and comply with DOT guidelines. Always use PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, full body harness and steel toed boots).
- Basic reading and math skills, effective communication skills.
- CDL with at least 1 year tank experience.
- The ability to independently solve problems and work with minimal supervision.
- The physical ability to work in various climates and weather conditions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to all types of weather conditions (rain, cold, sleet, snow, ice and heat). Employees are required to frequently bend, kneel, reach, climb, balance, use hands and fingers to operate objects, tools or controls. Likewise, employees are required to sit for long durations and utilize their hearing for surrounding obstacles, danger areas, and equipment malfunctions. The physical ability to climb up and down ladders multiple times a shift, as well as the physical ability to lift 50-100 lbs regularly.
- Drivers will be required to operate vehicles up to 11 hours a day and work as many as 14 hours a day. The individual will be required to work up to 70 hours per week in compliance with the Federal Motor Carriers Administration.
Hear from Our People
A driver with MLDS (Mississippi Lime Distribution Services) discusses his experience.