In its natural state, calcium carbonate occurs as chalk, limestone and marble. Mississippi Lime ground calcium carbonate is mined from one of the purest limestone deposits in the world with an average purity of 98.5% CaCO3.
Both wet and dry grinding methods are commonly used in processing the limestone for industrial uses. Paper, plastic, paint, rubber and caulk producers use calcium carbonate as a way to improve quality and lower manufacturing costs. Plate glass, bottle and fiberglass producers use larger quantities of calcium carbonate as a source for calcium, an essential ingredient in their manufacturing processes. Calcium carbonate also helps to make many industrial plants more environmentally friendly through its use in waste treatment and flue gas scrubbing systems.
Mississippi Lime’s calcium oxide product families and description are shown below:
- The CalCarb® Calcium Carbonate family of limestone products is used in applications ranging from glass manufacturing to agriculture.
- Feed Grade Limestone is produced for the animal feed industry.
- FGD Limestone is produced and sized for the growing flue gas desulfurization market. See our Reagent Technology Services page for more information.
- PolyCal® AC3 is produced for the rubber and plastics industries where sizing and top cut control is essential.
CalCarb® Calcium Carbonate
The Mississippi Lime CalCarb® Calcium Carbonate family of products is mined from the high purity formation in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri which consists of limestone with an average calcium carbonate content of 98.5%. CalCarb® products are sized for a wide variety of applications ranging from farming to field marking.
There are several types of CalCarb® Calcium Carbonates manufactured at our plant in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri:
- CalCarb® R1 is a high purity, consistent sized 16 mesh calcium carbonate. Low iron, silica and magnesium levels make this product an excellent choice for glass-making applications as well as other chemical and industrial processes requiring a pure limestone.
- CalCarb® R2 is a chemical grade calcium carbonate that is consistent, high purity and sized at 200 mesh. The low aluminum, magnesium, silica and iron for general use in various chemical, acid neutralization, construction and environmental applications.
- CalCarb® Mineral Filler is used in both standard mineral filler applications as well as more demanding stone mastic asphalt formulas.
- CalCarb® Coal Mine Rock Dust is an industry standard that has been used for years in this application.
- CalCarb® Athletic Field Marker is preferred for its brightness and easy handling characteristics.
- CalCarb® Ag Stone (A1 or A2) is a high purity calcium carbonate known for its high ENM values.
All products are available to be shipped rail or truck. Most of the CalCarb® products are also available in 50-pound bags packaged in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. Special packaging and/or bulk bags can be accommodated through our packaging partners.
CalCarb® AC3 Calcium Carbonate
CalCarb® AC3 is a 3-micron median particle size, off-white natural calcium carbonate filler. CalCarb® AC3 is produced at our Ste. Genevieve, Missouri facility from a limestone deposit of exceptional consistency. CalCarb® AC3 is especially suitable for PVC and LDPE plastic compounds where its 15 micron top-cut, low silica content, and spherical shape combine to give low processing equipment wear and high impact resistance. No dispersants or grinding aids are used in the manufacturing of CalCarb® AC3.
CalCarb® AC3 is available to be shipped via rail or truck. Special packaging and/or bulk bags can be accommodated through our packaging partners.
Visit the Reagent Technology Services page at reagenttechnologyservices.com for more information.
Feed Grade Limestone
The Mississippi Lime Feed Grade Limestone is mined from the high purity formation in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri which consists of limestone with an average calcium carbonate content of 98.5%. Feed Grade Limestone is a granular material used in mineral feeds and poultry grits because of its high calcium content and consistent particle size.
Feed Grade Limestone is available to be shipped via rail or truck. Feed Grade Limestone is also available in 50-pound bags packaged in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. Special packaging and/or bulk bags can be accommodated through our packaging partners.